17 to 18

17 to 18

Friday, June 1, 2007

Today was our last day in the Back Bay of Biloxi, Mississippi. This week has been an experience like no other. We left St.Louis May 26 with our group of fourty-two girls ready to work and about seventeen adults ready to teach and supervise. From the gas stations along the highway to the final seafood feast we have learned, befriended, talked, listened, loved, and talk so more to they many people we have encountered. I think that we all feel satisfied with the work we have done and we feel fulfilled in our service experience. We have been immersed in this community and grown in our own Nerinx communities. Adults and children in this group have created a special relationship that would be almost impossible to create back home. I am so proud of this community of people for working together and opening their hearts to grow together. I know that true memories have been made, sincere relationships formed, and I hope that this is not the last year for a trip like this and that everyone touched by this experience will desire to continue this work for a better life for everyone. I also want to give a 6'11 thank you to Mr. Magee who has made this possible and given us a spirit to do this.
-Lauren MacDonald

I love Biloxi, MS!!!! I am also marrying a fish!
-Emily Clote


-This year I worked pretty far from the trailors I stayed in last year. To get to the work site we traveled on the 110 and the 49. Our house was a little blue one, owned by grandparents, but inhabitated by all the family grand children. Our project was their kitchen. When we walked into the room the floor was old wooden floor, which we soon turned to tile. We also added the other essential kitchen items. The kitchen took all week, but it looked good when we finished. I particularily enjoyed the job, because we were blessed with an enthusiastic family, including Cameron, my favorite boy. No one in my group slacked, everyone had a positive. In fact, we all ventured to pet and feed the family pit bull, Big Girl, whom we also named. Thank you Mr Magee (owned of Magee grocery) and everyone else! I'm glad I came back! -kay

No comments: