17 to 18

17 to 18

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Biloxi was one of the best experiences of my life. I helped those less fortunate and made new friends all in just one week. This is an experience that I will remember for the rest of my life. The people that I interacted with made my experience a memorable one. The first day, our group was to scrape, caulk, prime, and paint a house. It was memorial day, so the people living in the house were having a family barbeque. By the time lunch came around, the famly came out with plates for us. They were so appreciative of our work, and this was there way of showing it. They were always coming outside checking to see if we needed water, trash bags, etc. By the end of the second day we had finished the entire house. It felt so good to see the progress that we made in just a two day period. We wanted to do the best job possible and worked well as a group to accomplish our goals.

On the third day I was assigned to go to Papa Pres' house. He was the cutest man ever. He was so glad to have our company and was always willing to help. He was always giving us something. He gave us each two packs of Certs, he bought us sodas and water, and he always wanted to just sit down and chat with us. Each morning we arrived, he was waiting to enjoy another day of our company. He was such a happy man, and seeing his smiling face everday made the job so much more fun. We were always listening to music and dancinig with Papa Pres. He was so much fun to be around, and I will never forget the generosity and gratefulness of Papa Pres.

The reflection at the end of the trip was one of my favorite memories. I liked listening to other peoples experiences because every person had something different to add to the discussion. Biloxi was a week of fun times and bonding that I will cherish forever. I thank Mr. Magee for making the trip possible, and I thank everyone that came, who made my experience unforgettable.

Megan Krupp

No comments: