17 to 18

17 to 18

Monday, June 9, 2008

Mission Complete

When getting ready for the trip I was both nervous and excited. My mission was to do the best job I could, show leadership and experience from last year, and get to know the juniors i did not know. I am happy to say that my mission was completed! I am so proud of these girls that went on the trip it is unreal. They blew me away with their willingness to help and creativity. I did not even need to show leadership because of how well these girls performed after being told to do something. Show them how to use a power tool once and off they went! What made me even more excited was when we were told Craig, the boss of our operations, didn't think we would do so well because I knew we could do it all along! Each little bit of work we did added on to the final masterpiece that house will become.
I also want to say how proud I am of my dad (Scott, 4 1/2)! I am so grateful that he decided to come again, having to take off work and ache for a few more weeks. He may have embarassed me with his outbursts of dancing, but if it was not for him and Mr. Elliot, our house on Wisteria Lane would still be a sub floor with maybe a few pieces of wood tacked on. They helped us build a house that will become a home to a family who will sleep, eat, and live in the home! It is crazy to think about! I am also sorry to say that my dad has not stopped singing the I Kissed A Girl song in what few lines he knows and was excited to tell me it was playing on the phone when he was on hold today at work.
Looking back at my pictures from the trip I realized how much fun us girls had together playing the animal game every night at dinner, random card games like ERS and Capitalism, the infamous Mafia game, and Silly Ninja! I can say that reading a magazine at night will never be the same without Mary Grace. One thing I will not miss trying to scramble back to the trailer to sign up for a shower. I will miss the girls i worked with and went on the trip with! It was truly an amazing experience! We gave a lot but gained so much more. Ending with one of my favorite quotes: "May God bless you with foolishness to think that you can make a difference in this world, so that you will do things which others say cannot be done." The people of Biloxi still need help even three years after the hurricane and like Mr. Magee's bracelet states, I too belive we can end world hunger by 2025.

1 comment:

Nerinx Back Bay Team said...

Post by: Movin Marvin, Melanie Barnes