17 to 18

17 to 18

Monday, November 5, 2007

My Biloxi Experience

Going to Biloxi was one of those experiences I have had with Nerinx that I look back on and say that it has shaped who I am and who I am becoming. A service trip like this one is something that every Nerinx girl and every girl in general should experience. Because we are so detached from the great devastation around the world and even in our own country, this trip lets us know that we are not immortal and that life is precious. It also shows the power and strength of the human spirit that emerges even in times of hardship. The smiles we saw from all the people in Biloxi who had nothing, who lost families, friends, houses, jobs; they are the images that will stick with me the longest from this trip. I want every girl at Nerinx to experience what I did in Biloxi, Mississippi.

Hannah "Boots" McHenry

No comments: