17 to 18

17 to 18

Monday, November 5, 2007

I Miss Biloxi

When signing up for the Biloxi experience I never could have guessed the impact that the trip would have on my life. It was only a week long, but the things that I saw and learned were lifelong lessons. I was given the opportunity to work at a place where we became very close with the owner of the house. He had little to give us, but he always greeted us with a smile, entertained us with some dancing, or encouraged our work. The work was so fun and rewarding that I never wanted to leave. Not only did we grow as individuals on this trip, but we also grew as a community. The bonds that I created with all of the girls on the trip will last me for the rest of my life and it is great to know that our hardwork has left an imprint on the people of Biloxi.

~Kung Fu Fighting~

No comments: