17 to 18

17 to 18

Monday, June 7, 2010

Welcome Home

Welcome Home to all of the Biloxi girls! I think I can speak for everyone when I say we had an amazing trip. As Mr. Magee said at the beginning of the week, this isn't a service trip, it is an introduction to a life of service. I hope we all remember that as we think about the awesome experiences we shared this past week in Mississippi. Whether it was building a house from the ground up or drinking hood juice at D'Vine's Soul Food, this week made an impact on all of our lives. The community of Biloxi was so open to receive our help. According to Bono and Mary J. Blige, "we GET to carry each other." As the new class of seniors prepares for their last year at Nerinx Hall, as graduating seniors move on to start a new chapter of their lives in college, and as veterans get ready for the next phase of their lives, I hope we all remember this experience (and come back next year).

I want to thank all of the parents, students, and Mr. Magee for not only making this trip possible, but for welcoming me into your community. Enjoy your summer and I hope to see you all back next year!

-Real Chili

No comments: