17 to 18

17 to 18

Monday, May 28, 2007

May 27, 2007

Day 2

Today, we woke up to get breakfast and it finally hit me that we are going down there and will make a difference in one person's life. We drove to Biloxi, but not until after attending St. Richard's Church. It was cool to see the difference of their Church from mine. They acknowledged us all and even applauded us. When started getting into Biloxi, I could sense a different atmosphere. There was not as much estruction as there was 1 year ago, but you could tell the town had gone through a lot. Once I got here, I had to re-evaluate my ideas toward this trip. Now, I want to know I made a difference and not just be able to get my service done as soon as possible. Talking with Kay and Amanda made me see that I want to make a difference through the work we do. I have an expectation to see a different kind of world and experience the different culltures that are down here, while; still helping in ANY way possible. I want to make these memories last a lifetime.
-Ashley Joern

No comments: