17 to 18

17 to 18

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Less than 80 hours

I just got back from the last 5 innings of the ball game. I had a basketball meeting, so I gave my tickets away to Nerinx alum, Casey Kraft and her sister. I was able to make the game, by the fourth inning and saw a good Cardinal win.

Last year, I got so tired of Sports Radio and the pessimists. I just decided the Cardinals would win the World Series. Ask my friends., I was on board from early in the season.

The Cardinals last year, were a good way to look at the world. Can you imagine being a pessimist for your entire life, and never seeing our world at its best. I am much more happier being an optimist. And I have met great optimists in my life, and I am excited that we are going to be enjoined on this trip, by one of the greatest optimists in my life through her granddaughter. Phyllis Allen was always happy, and always said kind words about me growing up. There was not a time, I saw her where she did not tell me what a great person I was and what a great family the Magee's were. She is definitely a person who in a small way has molded me to be the optimist that I am.

I hope and trust that this can be a great trip for all of us. The response from our Nerinx students has been phenomenal, and the number of moms and dads that are going.. We have an amazing crew and the talents from our parents will amplify the gifts that your daughters will give to the people of the Back Bay. NH is truly a special place. So I encourage all of you to think about what we are trying to do, and commit to the goals of Service and Sharing.

And if you have ever met Phyllis Allen, she would tell you, you are a special person, and then she would get you to laugh.. So for all of our grandmothers, who have always been proud of us. I encourage you to work your best, spend a week living simply, and remember to laugh at all of Mr. Magee's jokes and it will be a good week.

So, I am going to think

No comments: