17 to 18

17 to 18

Sunday, June 7, 2009

looking back...

Although its feels so good to be home and see my family and friends that i have missed this past week, I still think about all of the new and old friends that are down in Biloxi. This past week has been one of the best experiences of my life so far. I cannot say whether it is better than last year, because they both have such different memories, but I know for sure it greatly exceeded my expectations. I will never forget the times that I enjoyed cooking in the trailer kitchen, nailing in the subfloor, playing hide and go seek, painting three coats of eggshell paint, sitting out at the seashore picnic table, and so many more. I have truly been blessed to encounter the people of Biloxi and have the privilege to serve those in need. I will always remember my two weeks (and possibly more to come?!), and they will always have a special place in my life. The unimaginable amount of knowledge, spirit, and perspective that I have gained will always outweigh any material possessions that I may have.

To those who will return to Nerinx next year:
I never doubted that the hard work and and effort of a group of Nerinx girls could ever be less than extraordinary, and I am certainly proud of each and every one of you. It's sad to say that I won't be able to walk the halls next year, but I know you all will continue to do great things within our Nerinx Hall community. If you choose to return to Biloxi next year, please keep Miss Mary in mind and pay her a visit when you can. She enjoys visitors and would love to share all of her crazy life stories. Continue to be the beautiful, kind, and loving empowered women that you all are, and I hope to see some

To the parents:
Thank so so much for your patience and guidance. Without you, these accomplishments would not have been possible. I will never forget the life lessons that I have received, and you all are truly role models for all of us. Thanks for keeping us all in check and making sure that our week went that much smoother.

To Mr. Magee:
Thank you for everything. Without this trip, I would be a different person. I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am for all of your hard work. I will never forget everything you have done for me, and the opportunities that you have given me. Thanks to you I have grown so much more as a person. I hope that I can still be a part of this trip in the future!

--Sam (sammie 2 much)

No comments: