17 to 18

17 to 18

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Today, the second day of work in Biloxi, I spent the day working on the house. I woke up at 6:47 and was ready to go by 6:50. After a wonderful breakfast of pancakes, we headed to the work site. I began and ended my day of work with a paintbrush in hand. In the morning, Gretchen and I worked around the house touching up all the enamel paint. When we would think we had it all, something else wold need to get touched up. Along with touching up the paint, I caulked around the house and caulking became my favorite, I did it the majority of the day. When lunch time rolled around, I had a delicious turkey and cheese sandwich with a bag of chips. When time to get back to work I resumed painting and caulking. When all the touch up and caulking was complete, Gretchen and I took on the project of fixing the exterior paint in the car port of the house. This job concluding or day. Working at Back Bay has given me an appreciation for what I have and a will to work hard for the families we are striving to help. ( Crazy Diamond) Kylee------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Today, I woke up earlier than the rest of the crew to help make breakfast, and I flipped pancakes for the first time in my life. But this has just been one of many firsts on this trip. I went to the job site today to work on the house for a short part of my morning. I probably raked more leaves this morning alone than I ever have before! After that, a small group of us had the opportunity go to the food pantry. I helped sort a new food order, and I got to meet the people who help run the pantry. Lois and Bill were two of the nicest people I have ever met, and I learned all about the impact service has made in their lives. After sorting pudding, rice, and lots of cans of Chef Boyardee, my group went over to the Micah Center to eat lunch with the people who volunteer there and the people who use their services. The lunch was nice, but the people were even nicer! I look forward to rest of the trip and the many other "firsts" it will bring! Also, shout-out to my mom. (Icebreaker Email) Claire A. -----------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: