17 to 18

17 to 18

Saturday, May 28, 2011

God is Love

Hey lovely people!
Today is the first day of the Biloxi trip, and I am already having a better time than I could've imagined (I think that partly had to do with seeing our dads dance around in those prom dresses). What amazes me, but is not a surprise, is the way all of the people on this trip have been so friendly and joyful. I really sense a great amount of love between every one and I have high hopes that we all will have a fantastic week.Seeing everyone's smiling faces has already given me hope that we can accomplish anything with the help of each other.
I already feel that this trip is going to open our eyes to God,how he has blessed us, and how he is working in each of our lives. I am genuinely excited for the mass tomorrow, and I am going to especially pray for each person on the trip as well as those involved in Biloxi. I am so grateful to be on this trip with so many talented, smart, and loving people. All of the parents are such inspirations and really set a great mark for the students to live up to.
I am excited to get to know the real heart of every one here and to really get to see people's goodness. I'm so happy that my parents, Papa Mancuso and Mama Maria, are on the trip with us. Although I see their faces every day, that is the reason it gets hard to really see them for who they are- I start to only focus on what annoys me at the crazy Mancuso Household. So I am so excited to really step back and actually witness my parents as the great people they really are and see all of the hard work they really do for me and others. I feel that this experience will help me not only appreciate my parents, but also help me to open up to them even more, and show them what I'm made of. I have a feeling every girl here is going to show the parents what they are made of, and i have an even bigger feeling the parents are going to show us much more than that. Hopefully we all can grow individually, spiritually, physically(get some ripped arms), and as a community.
I just love every one so much and am just so happy. The Biloxi Trip is going to be such a rewarding experience, and I know that as the days come, it will only keep getting better, and better, and better.
Have a sweet sleep!
-JunO (aka Eman, Cuso, Emily Mancuso)

No comments: